Yesterday I got a nice surprise as I zoomed through my email. I was nominated for the “Best Moment Award” by one of my favorite bloggers. Check out her site. I find it so fun to read because almost everyday she makes me laugh. Her blog is named: Grandma Says . . . You really should check her out when you need a good laugh from an older perspective.
Awarding the people who live in the moment
The noble who write and capture the best in life
The bold who reminded us what really mattered
Savoring the experience of quality time
As with all of these awards, there are a couple of requirements that go along with it.
- Create an acceptance speech either by video or a written speech post
- Pass the award on to 15 other bloggers
The first requirement will have to be satisfied by an acceptance speech. The reason? First, I do not own a video camera, and second, they say being on television adds 10 pounds to your appearance and as I have been on a perpetual diet for most of my life, I’ll pass. So a speech it is.
It humbles me every time I receive one of these blogging awards. To receive an award for just living my life and then sharing the simple things that happen to me, well a person could get a “big head” by such recognition. You see, my parents always did a good job of not inflating my ego, so I have learned to be gracious, say thank you, and then toss the award in the closet.
But not so with this one. There will be no tossing in the closet with this award. As you can see, I’ve proudly displayed it on my site for all to see. Please don’t be dismayed by my hubris. I need it–every now and then.
If someone thinks my observations, perspectives and experiences are worth reading, and I’ve touched them in some way, that REALLY MATTERS!
I first came to WordPress last summer when my friend Miranda told me that I could gain more exposure for my novels, short stories and just plain writing through blogging. I had no idea where to start.
I thought first I could give advice for writing because that’s what I do and occasionally, that’s what I teach. But I soon found out that I used the site for a warm up for my own writing. That’s why what you see is what you get! When I sit down to the keyboard every morning, I have no idea what will transpire. The creating is fun (most days). Other days, I read and read to get inspired, and poof. Nothing. In fact, one of my most visited blogs was about having nothing.
So thanks to all of you who have decided to subscribe to my words and come to read what I have to say. Many thanks to the few of you who “LIKE” what I say. And the most thanks to those of you who leave a thought or a comment. I especially like some of the commentors who don’t agree with me; after all, then I have an idea for the next day!
So, thank you all. I appreciate your time and attention. I’m glad you find my writing worth reading. So, I’ll leave you with a promise to keep giving you a tidbit to think about just by living in my moment.
Now for my nominees:
1. http://successify.net/ – Always interesting. Kris is especially good at analogies to which we all can relate.
2. http://wynwords.wordpress.com/ – A mother who is sorting it all out.
3. http://candycoatedreality.com/ – Beautiful site filled with wise words and great graphics.
4. http://eyedancers.wordpress.com/ Mike is a young man who is an accomplished writer. (He’s received this award, but I’m nominating him again because I always enjoy his posts.)
5. http://bottledworder.com – Interesting perspective from a woman who grew up in Calcutta, India and now lives in New York City.
6. http://insearchofitall.wordpress.com – Another “Golden Girl” who is searching for answers.
7. http://peterdmallett.wordpress.com – A “Golden Boy” who gives great writing advice.
8. http://cristianmihai.net/ – Cristian is a Romanian Writer who works hard at his craft and by doing so inspires me.
9. http://bradstanton.com/ – Another “Golden Boy” who has found the secret to being happy and shares them with you in short clips that don’t take more than five minutes to read.
10. http://clarawaibel.wordpress.com – A young woman named Clara who gives great advice about writing and its world.
11. http://diannegray.wordpress.com/ – Dianne Gray is an Australian author who is multi-talented, fun and entertaining. I love her and her writing.
12. http://lielung1980.wordpress.com/ – Liel gives good advice on how to be more successful with your blogging efforts.
Whew! That’s only a dozen but I’m sure everyone of these hardworking bloggers, authors and writers will give you insight and advice you can use. You see, I’m not a “blogging junkie.” I only read what entertains and helps me along the way. All of these folks do both!
But I must leave you all now. I have to inform my nominees that I’ve submitted their names for your perusal! Have a Best Moment TODAY!