Thank you, Mary Morgan, for nominating me for Liebster Blog Award! I am very touched you chose me.
You can find Mary’s blog at
For those of you who have not heard of this award, The Liebster Blog Award (Liebster means beloved). It is given to blogs with not more than 200 follows, although I qualified two of my nominees as simply “beloved”.
Rules for accepting the award:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 bloggers you feel deserved to be noticed.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
7. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
Eleven Random Facts About Myself:
1. My first baby was a pug dog when I was 20 years old, and I have loved the breed ever since.
2. I am still friends with five people with whom I went to grade school.
3. I love white cars, even though studies show “successful” people drive black cars.
3. I am the eldest of five children–my parent’s guinea pig.
4. I have lived my whole adult life on a dead end street.
5. I love to drive with the radio OFF.
6. I have sung the Star Spangled Banner at a professional wrestling meet, standing in the center ring surrounding by burly men.
7. I love to paint sunsets.
8. I invite visitors over for dinner so I have an incentive to clean the house.
9. I like to dunk my cookies in my coffee.
10. I am a Leo.
11. I love to cook, especially for friends.
Answers to Mary’s Questions
1. What is your favorite season?
My favorite season is spring; I love to watch my daffodils, tulips, and perennials wake from their winter slumber.
2. What is a favorite childhood memory?
Going to Girl Scout camp for two weeks when I was 11 years old —swimming everyday, hiking, learning new songs, learning about the forest, sleeping under the stars, sleeping in a tent for the first time, cooking outside over an open fire, and making new friends.
3. What is your favorite flower?
Daffodils – When my best friend died from Breast Cancer, her favorite flower became mine, too. We used to trade different bulbs so each of our flower gardens had several different variations of this first sign of spring.
4. What was your favorite vacation ever?
Taking Ken on a Panama Canal cruise. Being an engineer, he was fascinated how the canal had been built and it was on his “bucket list” to see it. It was fun for me to help him realized one of his dreams, and I love cruising to anywhere. (I have a lot of dreams about cruising around the world.)
5. In your family tree, are you related to a famous person?
Nope, but I hope to be that person!
6. If you could change careers, what would you do?
I tried the career change thing once and that was enough. I went from marketing/communications work to becoming a licensed financial adviser. I was miserable and finally gave up after a six year quest. I have always been a writer and now that I can do it full time, I wouldn’t change a thing.
7. Do you think your creativity comes naturally or do you have to work on it?
I’ve always had raw talent on my artistic side—singing, painting, and writing, but to be better than good at any of them, I work, work, work.
8. What or who inspires you?
I’m inspired by people who strive to make their lives the best they can be.
9. If you had the opportunity to publish one wildly guaranteed successful book, what would the book be about?
Of course, I would like ALL of my published novels to be best sellers, however, I have finally found the courage to begin a manuscript about my journey with Ken through Multiple Sclerosis. I plan to have it ready for publication by the end of the year.
10. Have you ever considered deleting your blog and why?
No. My blog helps me understand myself, and sometimes inspire others. Plus, having the opportunity to “meet” other people from around the world is a gas! Where else would I get to do that? Except for a cruise, that is. 🙂
11. What are three things blogging has added to your life?
- I become a better writer everyday.
- I have formed unique relationships with great men and women through blogging.
- It helps me stay sane knowing people actually read what I write; one of my best days is when another person subscribes to getting my posts everyday. Talking about everyday things keeps me sane.
Questions for my Nominees:
- If you could have coffee with anybody in the world, who would you like to visit?
- What is your favorite food?
- What kind of music does you like and why?
- Have you ever watched soap operas? Which one? If not, what television show do you NEVER miss?
- What’s your favorite book and how many times have you read it?
- Who’s your favorite actor?
- What’s your favorite season and why?
- How would you describe yourself?
- How would a good friend describe you?
- What is your favorite hobby besides writing, and what do you get out of it?
- What’s your favorite summer activity?
Congratulations to my nominees! I look forward to your responses.